Monday, August 29, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 241 - Guide Me O Thy Great Herald

I always buy the Sydney Morning Herald on weekdays, and most famously (if you can call anything I do even remotely famous, which is highly debateable) on Saturdays, and it's mostly because I am a complete media/news junkie and I love keeping up with all the news.

Yes I know with the internet, news is far more immediate these days making newspapers a tad arcane, but there is something about reading news after the international outlining of it on cable news etc, especially when people have had time to carefully consider what the news actually means, and whether what was initially reported was even true, that is far more pleasing.


Mondays though are slightly different in that I always looked forward to getting the Herald on the first working day of the week to get their TV guide, prosaically called The Guide. But lately as my consumption of TV has moved more and more to after-the-fact (thank you iTunes!), or waiting till the DVD box set arrives (Big Bang Theory), the Guide has become less and less relevant. Adding to it's declining usefulness, is the fact that the OzTV app on my iPhone does what the Guide does far morer quickly and easily and smoothly and I begin to wonder why I get The Guide at all anymore.


Oh the (digital) times they are -achangin'!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older