Friday, August 26, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 238 - Thali Mo Mali Fi Fali Ngaire!

I love my cousin Ngaire!


Alas I haven't seen her since New Year's Eve because life has been crazy busy, she's been off to Tanzania for a month on holiday getting ready to leave in 3 weeks for 12 months at Ayusha in the north of the country working at a school that helps kids between 14 & 24 get ready to go to secondary school and then uni, none of which are paid for (primary school is free). 


It was an absolute delight catching up again - conversation was never in short supply, she gets on wonderfully well with my beautiful guy, Steve, the Semillon Sauvignon wine @ The Civic Hotel was just right, the food at Jaipur Masala was delicious ( I love my Thalis which are essentially mini-buffets of some curries, rice, bread and condiments in small servings, all on one tray) and we even got on a train almost immediately (after I re-enacted one of those war time farewell movies by running alongside the train waving goodbye to Ngaire's amusement).


An awesomely great way to end the week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older