Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 233 - Quiet Day @ Home - Just Me and My Flu

Yes I am sick.... AGAIN!


Thanks to the good workaholic culture of the company I work for, where everyone comes in when they're really sick thus sharing the germs around, and around, and around and....


Anyway, I thought I was winning the battle last night. Sure I felt tired, even after a nap, but I was taking the Ease-a-cold, gargling the Aspro Clears and feeling well enough that I thought I might be able to exercise today. Ha! I woke this morning, after a very disturbed night's sleep, during which I could have sworn I was swallowing razor blades, feeling grotty, sick, and in real danger of losing my voice. My gorgeous guy had to drive to an all day workshop at Springwood for a new company he is thinking of becoming involved in, and so I toddled off home at 8 a.m. still thinking I would spend the morning writing character synopses for my novel, then blog, the stick stuff on Ebay....






Instead, and because I am an ever half glass full optimist I didn't see this coming, I read a little, napped a lot (2 hours first stint from 10.30 - 12.30), got up, ate, read some more (finally read all my unread Entertainment Weekly mags - see above - so score!), napped again 1 1/2 hours this time) before finally having the strength to blog for a couple of hours and at least get something done.


Now I think I will curl up on the couch and watch some more episodes of Eureka, and then possibly sleep some more...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older