Monday, August 15, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 224 (Friday 12 August) - Mixed Bag

Today was a big day for my sweet adorable niece, Zara, who had to have a hernia operation. No, she hasn't been lifting too many heavy objects when she shouldn't be, although stack too many LEGO blocks together and they can weigh a ton, but rather it's a condition left over from birth. Apparently it's a fairly common thing and they have to wait till the child turns 2 to operate. Thankfully it all went smoothly, Zara came through beautifully, and all is well (the photo is of Zara waiting in the hospital's play room)




... and on a light and silly TGIF note, here's a sign my gorgeous guy spotted in the window of a shop in Dulwich Hill.... oh yeah we will be signing up! Haha....NO.



But that was not all the quirky stuff we saw today. On the way to dinner (see below), we saw a sign for a very interesting opera... all I can say is reinforce the floors guys!




... instead of seeing Rise of the Planet of the Apes tonight (last minute change of plans that occurred when Fahmi and I were in line), Fahmi, my gorgeous guy and I met up with Warren for Indian food at Jaipur Masala near Central, which made for a quick trip home. A perfect way to finish the week - my favourite food and good friends, and my guy.


Fahmi and Warren

My gorgeous guy and I

Rosewater Lahsi - YEAH!






Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older