Monday, August 15, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 225 (Saturday 13 August) - Mixed Bag Part Deux

So first off we did brunch! Not that remarkable but until about 10 a.m. we weren't going to but then Fahmi texted, wanted to see if we'd join him in Sydney Park after his walk for brunch, we couldn't ourselves into a socially acceptable state in time (gay standards of dress and hygiene are rigorous people!), and so we ended up having brunch at South End cafe. It was an old fave of mine, fell out of favour when it changed owners, and while the service isn't as warm and personable as it was, the Pea and Haloumi Pancakes are back to roaring form, y'all! (Yes it's said just like an affirmative Oprah statement...I am that happy!)



Fortified by great conversation and pancakes, my guy and I finally got my IKEA dining table up and in working order after it sat in about 20 pieces in the corner of my bedroom for 6 months. It looks awesome, precipitated a reorganization of the lounge-room chairs which looks similarly awesome, and I am frankly awed it is finally up. Miracles do happen people, keep believing!





In the middle of all this moving forward-ness (yes we had a Julia moment), my sister sent me more photos of my sweet photogenic nephew, Bodhi, and he is walking a LOT!




Oh, and on the way home from getting dinner, we happened across an odd food offering at the base of a power pole. Yes I know Energy Australia can be difficult to deal with at times, but are Buddhist offerings now necessary? It seems so.



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older