Tuesday, July 13, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 194 : Ding! Dong! The Loan Is Dead!

After 20 years of having a personal loan of some description looming menacingly over my finances, I finally paid the final part of the loan off today and I am now free! Free, free at last!

Yes I need an African American gospel choir to start belting out a celebratory tune right now don't I?

YEAH!!!!

...................................................................

Anatomy of a Move update

I started packing tonight and in my usual brutally efficient way, I managed to get 2 bookcases almost completely packed up and one a 1/3 of the way there. I also packed up part of the linen cupboard and the sheets and towels and did it all just in time for my favourite show of the moment, Modern Family!
The sad part about all this triumphant buzz of activity, aimed soley at making sure I am in control of the move, was that suddenly my home of 2 1/2 years no longer looks like a home but a place in transition, or as my good friend Jason put it "a warehouse with denuded mannequins". Even with the bookcases where they have always been, and the loungeroom otehrwise untouched, it already looks like we're gone.

I think this is the part of a move I hate the most when everything is going and you have yet to go anywhere instead. Its a horrible stressful, and strangely sad and bare limbo....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older