Wednesday, July 14, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 195 : Happy Bastille Day!

So its French National Day, a day I have celebrated since Year 7 at high school when our French teacher would take us down to the local patisserie in Lismore - owned and run by actual French people so the pastries etc were wonderfully authentic - to practice our French by ordering everything in French, as opposed to Catalan, which would have just been silly!

So how I celebrate the day out here in the suburbia of North Ryde? Why I go to Macquarie Centre and buy a croissant.... at a German bakery! Its all part of the crazy multi-cultural mash up that I like to observe on any major national day, figuring that since Australia is a fantastically culturally diverse place, then my celebrations should reflect that.

Now to spend the rest of the day speaking in French. Or perhaps I should use my non-existent Catalan instead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older