Thursday, July 15, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 196 : Anatomy of a Move Part 3 : Nostalgia All Over the Boy!

I am a sentimental guy.

I have all sorts of special mementoes around me to remind of times and people that are special to me - my panda bear called Little Ted and his companion, Dog (who may be a pig - it's hard to say); tickets from seminal concerts I have attended; my ABBA memorabilia colleciton: two tubs of childhood toys, books, flotsam and jetsam.... and anything at all to do with my beautiful guy.

I also take lots of photos. Continent sinking quantities in fact. My guy jokes that I have the Nikon Gene, and have a biological imperative to take endless amounts of photos. But that is all powered, partly now by thhis very blog, but also largely by my desire to seal special moments in posterity, and so in that spirit, I stopped and took a few shots of the skyline with dawn creeping over them like luminous tendrils. No, they aren't the greatest of photos but I love taking photos off this balcony in the early dawn light and capturing the shape of clouds, and wisps of lights that cascade across the horizon.
I know I have a balcony at my new apartment just next door, but it faces in another direction, and so all the moments I have shared looking out on this vista - most specially the New Year's Eve in 2008/09 when I got together with my boyfriend and kissed him in the corner of the balcony - won't be immediately recalled when I step out on the balcony... because soon this apartment and it's view will be a memory, captured only in photos and my mind's eye.
Yes, I am a sentimental man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older