Monday, July 19, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 198 (Saturday 17 July 2010) : Brett... and Sparkling Cuvee

Today was the day to start packing in earnest, which I sort of did by packing 5 boxes in the morning between breakfast with my guy and heading out for something infinitely more pleasurable than packing....

Catching up with friends! In this case, good friends Brett, and Mark had just returned from a fantastically varied 7 week trek across France, UK, Turkey, Italy, Spain and the USA - with 4000 photos to show for it; just like me, Mark has the Nikon gene! - and so my lovely guy and I, along with good friends Ian & Bill, Fahmi, Brett's partner, and Mark's friend Paul, all gathered at the very funky bistro at the Coopers Pub on King Street for what turned out to be lots of wine, meze platters and a seafood platter. Inbetween, we heard lots of great travel stories, laughed a lot, and soaked up the wonderful Winter sunshine on the bistro's open air deck. Then we headed back to Brett's place - gorgeously cleaned by his boyfriend before Brett's arrival home - for cake and coffee and lots more laughter.
Top photo : Mark next to my lovely guy
Middle photo: Ian, Bill and my guy bring their bags ready for all the presents Brett and Mark were bring them!
Bottom photo: Brett living large!
It was one of those wonderful languid all-afternoon weekend lunches with good friends that makes for the perfect antidote to my usual frantic week day schedule, and so, suitably chilled, my guy and I spent a very quiet night in the apartment watching episodes of a new middling sitcom called Hot in Cleveland (saved by the fabulously funny Betty White) and drinking wine. Bliss.

...................................................

One other very cool thing that happened today was discovering I had won two bottles of Oyster Bay sparkling wine (Cuvee and Rose) from the local bottle shop, Red Bottle.
I even had my name plastered, along with the other two winners on the noticeboard outside the shop! Yes my very own 15 milli-seconds of alcohol-drenched fame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older