Friday, January 14, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 14 - Up and Go, Smoothies, Scrambled Eggs, Pudding Oh My!

One of the edicts from my dentist as I walked, addled by local anaesthetic, out of his surgery on Thursday night, was don't eat any rice, couscous, bread etc for a few days so it doesn't get caught in the gaping hole of flesh that was your wisdom tooth (That last phrase wasn't his, and has been added purely for melodramatic effect).


My blueberry & pineapple creation.... with the requisite straw from IKEA to stop the drink reaching the gaping fleshy void


So I have dutifully steered cleared of those evil foods, which are by sheer coincidence carbs thus helping me keep the weight monster at bay while I can't exercise as fully, and also anything that was difficult to chew or may inadvertently wander across to the wisdom tooth-less chasm. So, with the lovely support of my guy who has acted as grocery courier, nurse and smoothie-maker (although I honed my skills yesterday and can make a smoothie better than I have in many cafes), I am enjoying smoothies, tuna mornays (whipped one up tonight for dinner - my guy had veges; I just stuck to the tuna which I could suck into my mouth (yes delightful mental picture - enjoy!), scrambled eggs (made my first batch today (why it took my 45 years to attempt them I don't know.... perhaps because fried eggs are easier and every extrovert loves easy over complicated!), and chocolate pudding, red jelly and custard (all ideas suggested by my guy as foods I could handle eating well and they all taste great too..... they are the foods stepping into the Make-Andrew-Fat void created by the absence of rice etc..... who cares.... they taste YUM!).


I am looking forward to getting back to normal food consumption....


Good old Joe O'Brien live on location on Rosolea, a suburb in Brisbane that was the focus of ABC coverage today


Oh and as has become the norm over the last week, in between reading my novel, tidying my room a little, and chilling a lot as I felt really tired today, I watched endless hours of ANB News 24 and what my guy and I have now termed Flood Watch.... highly addictive TV....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older