Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 15 - I Shall Pine For You...

Today, amidst much sweating and swearing (getting the Christmas tree boxes, and the various boxes I store all my ornaments in, under the bed is not without some effort), I dismantled the tree, packed the last of the ornaments into their boxes, neatly tied up the light strands into non-tangled lines (of course, being semi-sentient, they will find a way to twist themselves over the nest 11 months into a seething mass of knotted plastic and cathode rays), and vacuumed the carpet of all the stray plastic needles that fall (I think my tree will be nude sometime around Christmas 2020), and bade farewell to Christmas 2010.


The last box to go under the bed, awaiting a few broken ornaments that need to be glued

The broken ornaments in question

Where the tree once stood.... now empty till Nov 25 this year.... or July... who knows!

I would love to think I would put it all up again for Christmas in July but right now, that seems very unappealing. Like most things, getting the tree up when you're excited about the season is one thing; dismantling in the heat of January is quite another; however, it is quite possible that by the time July rolls around (in about 25 nano-seconds given the speed of the year so far!) that all the sweating and effort will be forgotten and I may out it up....

I said maybe..... but I am a Christmas junkie and an extrovert so do not lay beats yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older