Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 16 - The Holly and the Miranda

Got to see the best concert today!

Up and coming folk pop artist, Holly Miranda, performed at The Famous Spiegeltent tonight in Hyde Park (Sydney) and she, and her audience, had a ball. Yes she's quiet and unassuming, but while they may be folk pop based, her songs are not. She had everyone enchanted from the get go with more grunt in the live performance than you'd hear in her recorded songs, her band kicked along with verve and gusto, and my friend Fahmi and my gorgeous guy (who were receiving part of their Christmas gift from me by attending) loved her as much as I did.



Am I praying to the wine god, Grapes o Wrath? Not sure but my attempt at looking relaxed, looks eitehr constipated or payer-like...you be the judge!



Here's the URL of the review of the concert on my pop culture blog:

http://sparklyprettybriiiight.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweet-ethereal-sounds-of-holly-miranda.html

Plus, after a rather hot start to things when the walk to the railway station and trip into the City on a non-air conditioned train left me feeling quite uncomfortable, a walk through a very nicely shaded Hyde Park and a hour of wine drinking in the equally shaded garden outside the Spiegeltent, meant that I entered the beautifully air conditioned venue feeling much more relaxed, and literally chilled.

We finished off after the relatively short performance - started at 7pm, done by 8.10pm, in common with almost all Spiegeltent performances which are short and sharp - with pasta at Betty's Soup Kitchen on Oxford Street which was delicious (even if I still couldn't eat the fresh bread thanks to my teeth still recuperating from surgery a few days later).

A truly wonderful night out in Sydney town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older