Wednesday, March 31, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 90 : DUCK!!

Nah you're cool - there's nothing incoming....
But here where I work, we have a beautifully landscaped campus, which just happens to have a couple of large ponds. One of them has become home to a family of ducks who return periodically to feed, wander around, and generally make themselves at home.
The neatest part of their appearance today is that it's almost Easter and as they are inextricably linked to the new life idea of Easter - a theme evoked by the life and death of Jesus from which the Easter tradition springs - the poetic symbolism wasn't lost on me and I loved having them appear almost on cue.
It got me into a right flap of excitement it did.... sorry I felt the need for a pun... it won't happen again.... OK it probably will....
********************
Oh, and my friend Waz and I went walking last night in the Park, did two very full-on laps that included running up the Hill of Twinks (so very Kate Bush of us I know!), and while catching my friend at the top of the hill, I took this shot with my iPhone. Not the clearest or cleanest photo, admittedly but it does capture in some small way how lovely the view is from the 'summit' (oh how fabulously overstated!) at dusk.
I must do it for real one night with a camera and a tripod and a...... oh hell like that will ever happen! Enjoy the grainy pic, its all you are going to get! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older