Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Project 289 - Day 280 : On The 9th day of Andrew's Christmas, I Decorated the Tree With....


One of the fondest memories of my childhood was watching the inspired very intelligently-created silliness of Looney Tunes..... Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn (see photo with Henry the Chicken Hawk), Speedy Gonzales (also in a photo), Pepe Le Pew, and Porky Pig (yep you got it - the other photo!) were all clever, funny and a delight to watch, and gave me hours of amusement.

Naturally, and you can probably detect a pattern here, my love for them continued on into adulthood, where I better appreciated the wonderful comments on society and socials mores, and many of the inside jokes that sailed past my more innocent childhood mind.

So when it came to decorating the tree with pop culture ornaments, and making sure there was a healthy dollop of colourful, inspired lunacy, it's not like there was a choice was there? 
*********************************************


So what did this day bring? A mixed bag really. It wasn't a quiet day but not really busy and while I was in very good spirits - my 5 a.m. morning walks really make a difference not just to my body shape and weight, but to my moods - I was very tired. Still, I found the strength to play "Stick the Red Nose on Rudolph" - fairly sure I got nowhere near his nose! - watch my boss Vicki do the same (see the pictures), hand out Star Wars and Hello Kitty candy canes (of course I couldn't give out standard candy canes!), and receive some delicious Sparkle cupcakes from one the Service Providers my division handles.... oh, and despite my plans to be sugar free in the lead up to the holidays, I ate a piece of white chocolate cheesecake, some Rocky Road (made by our HR lady's Maria's husband) and, yes, a cupcake!


There's nothing for it... more walking tomorrow! But first a good night's sleep, which is what I plan to go and do right now....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older