Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Project 289 - Day 281 : On The 10th day of Andrew's Christmas, I Decorated the Tree With....

Iconic. 


People, things, events that capture a moment or feeling, or a particularly chase slice of the zeitgeist, and then remain forever elevated in everyone's sense of what made that moment, or year or decades. In my pop culture laden world, iconic translates to ornaments bearing the likeness of Betty Boop (above), or Stargate SG1, which if you're a sci-fi nerd like me is one of the best sci-fi shows in, like, forever, or Rocky and Bullwinkle, which will be forever etched in my mind as the cartoon we always watched at 6 a.m. in my grandparent's lounge room when we visited them, trying desperately hard to turn their old colour TV on quietly which wasn't easy to do. 

So these ornaments evoke a happy nostalgia, or memory of watching a show with friends, or simply a zesty young gal with a squeaky voice who came to define a particular era, and then live beyond it. Every tree needs an icon or two...... three or more.... I have plenty....


***************************************

I finished a pretty quiet day at work with a lovely relaxed dinner on a breezy quiet night in Erskineville eating at Stir Crazy Thai with my lovely friend, Justin. We talked about work, Christmas and the need to just chill, savoured the Chicken Chill Jam and Tay Po Beef Curry, and luxuriated in a very slow paced catch up. Then Justin went shopping at the mall...not slow paced!! LOL.... and I headed home to blog, wash clothes, and send out emails with my Christmas blog URL in it......


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older