Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Project 289 - Day 274 : On The 3rd day of Andrew's Christmas, I Decorated the Tree With....

From the moment I saw them on Sesame Street, I loved the Muppets, a love affair that only intensified when The Muppet Show debuted on Aussie TV in the late 70s. The Muppets were, and are, hilariously fun and irreverent (which makes the fact that Disney now owns them - and Pixar for that matter, another run-against-the-grain entertainment powerhouse - all the more remarkable!), and just gosh darn cute!
They fit the theme of my tree perfectly and so today for your viewing pleasure, here's Animal, Gonzo and Fozzie doing their thing on my tree!

*****************************************************
Two very cool Christmas-oriented things happened at work today - yes note the weird unsettling juxtaposition of 'cool and 'work.... almost Twilight Zone in its eerieness right? - the first being that I won the decorating competition at work! Well, strictly speaking the Commercial team, but since I pretty much bought all the ornaments and put them all up - at great anti-OH & S risk to myself by teetering on chairs to reach the roof panels -and came up with the overarching theme, I figure that it's my prize after all! I was magnanimous in victory however and gave credit to my colleague Bill who drove me to the local mall twice, and helped me with an idea or two. I also, quite selflessly, gave up the prize of two boxes of Ferrero Rocher chocolate to the entire team entire the Scrooge-like Bah Humbug group who didn't contribute any money at all (but who then bizarrely rapturously congratulated like I had placed a man on the moon with their help!) so I got bask in all the creative glory and feel like a fabulously giving human being. Score!


The second cool thing was that I got to sit on Santa's lap for the first time in 40 years - well the Marketing manager's lap but for the purposes of Christmas he is Santa and dressed as such - to get my Kris kringle present. I could have just jumped onto him like a fellow gay boy at work did and try to French kiss him, but I figured that may place me on the naughty list - or maybe not.... Santa may be in a very large bear-like closet - and I couldn't risk it. Not just over a week out from Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older