Friday, December 11, 2009

Project 289 - Day 269 : The Calm After the Frenetic Storm


Today AOP, the annual crazy budget process that involves long hours and insane schedules, finishes for my division and not a moment too sooon. Managing the diaries of my bosses, a challenging task at the best of times, becames exponentially more difficult during the lead up to AOP, and I am beyond thrilled that not only has it run its course but that's its done so on a Friday when all I have to do is chill at home with my beautiful guy.....

The work Christmas party is on tonight and they have turned the campus into one large full on Summer Party, with beach balls festooning railings, brightly coloured bech umbrellas strewn artfully on the lawn and Josh Pyke performing on the main stage. I won't stay for long but I will go and at least have my two free drinks before boarding the bus for home....

I actually ended staying for 2 hours and had a ball! I enjoyed my two wines, walked around a campus thronging with people, the environment completely changed from the usual day to day ordinariness, stopped and chatted with all sorts of people I don't usually have the chance to catch up with, and soaked up a very laid back, fun Summer vibe.

Very cool, and a perfect Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older