Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Project 289 - Day 267 : More Ornaments, More Trees, More Christmas! Mwhahahahahahahaha!!


You can never have too many Christmas decorations...at work or at home!

While there is a place for restrained graceful elegance, it's not at my workplace or home baby! Actually I do go for a funky classy look but I love sumptuous amounts of colour, best described as the "Santa vomited while drinking Moet" look.....hence my tree is all dolled up in a red and silver tinsel with pinprick white lights ...so far, so high end right? Then I throw on about 70 pop culture ornaments featuring everyone from the Flintstones to Snoopy to The Simpsons, and even yes Ren and Stimpy! ITs chaotic, its over the top, but somehow it works and it looks fun and funky and everyone who sees it, loves it...... OK sweeping statement there but it has a higher approval rating than Kevin Rudd let's just say....


So at work, needing to show the same love of more is better, I managed to get the yellow tinsel up, running the full length of one half of the team and a whole host of dangling tinsel decorations that ended up looked fabulously colourful. It is edging ever closer to the sumptuous look I want but we will need another year or two of decorations buying to get to the full on look I want... patience young tinsel disciple, patience.....
After immersing myself in tinsel all day, I spent the night at my beautiful guy's place starting the construction of his abstract Christmas tree which, when done, is going to look amazingly funky. Even laid out on the floor, not yet tied together or hung up in its final glory, it was impressive and I can't wait to finish it off on Friday night and put it up on display.

The final very Christmassy, lovely part of the night was getting my very first Christmas card as a couple from my very special friend, Justin. Thanks Justin - it means a lot and I loved it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older