Sunday, December 06, 2009

Project 289 - Day 264 : Down to the Markets.... and Up Goes the Tree!




I had the loveliest day today! (Yes there were bluebirds of happiness, red skinks of joy and even a reasonably chirpy wombat of cheerfulness!)

What made this day so lovely? Sleeping in with my lovely guy, a relaxed brunch at Cafe Sofia in Erskineville with my good friend Fahmi and my beautiful guy (he and I pictured above, with Fahmi in the photo above that) followed by browsing and Christmas present buying at the fabulous artisans market at Eveleigh Carriageworks (sadly had to buy my beautiful guy's ressie with him in fullsight as its not the sort of place I can come back to since it's only once a month!) and then, blessedly, a nap.

Waking from the delightful nanna nap, I got cracking and with my beautiful guy's help, I had the Christmas tree up, zhoushed, festooned with lights - what a great word..... festooned.... it just sound, you know, happy and fun - and tinsel-ed (its now a verb! Let the elves rejoice! Grammar purists not so much) in no time flat , all to the accompaniment of Dian Krall's Christmas CD.... that done, we took a walk around Sydney Park with about 1000 other people and their dogs looking for just the right spot for our Christmas picnic the following Sunday ( we were successful and behold there was much rejoicing... even the grammar purists this time you'll be relieevd to know) before I got the bejesus scared out of me by a zombie episode of Doctor Who... ugh....I do NOT like zombies Sam I Am, and only watched because I love the new Dr Who so much and David Tennant is so much fun to watch, not to mention cute as heck!! YUM!

Wisely I did not go to bed straight away but stayed up with my beautiful guy watching the history of Mills and Boon - yes really! - before he drove him, and I had to walk back in the dark through my complex watching for water-dripping Martian zombies at every turn!

The tree begins to arise from the boxes it inhabits 11 months of the year!
My beautiful guy surveys the lovely surrounds of Sydney Park

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older