Saturday, November 28, 2009

Project 289 - Day 255 (Friday 27 November 2009): To the Vege Lounge Frank and Do Nothing!

Its a busy time of year and so having my birthday off work, a fun tradition of fine, on the day itself was never going to happen, but as luck would have it, today was the day the teddy bears have their pic.... wait, no, that's something else.... today was was, in fact, the day that 100 of the 120 of the people in my division went to an all day strategy planning session, and I, and 19 others, didn't.... sooooooo.....

I stayed at home and :

slept in.....
read the papers.....
had a delightful brunch of pea and haloumi pancakes with my friend, Justin, at my favourite cafe in Newtown, South End....
thought about going swimming but didn't (hey I thought about it and thats what's matters!).... drank a bottle of Dragon Nutrient Water to get me through the long and arduous 3 minute walk back from the convenience store.....
tidied up my bedroom, at last, to the extent that my beautiful guy, upon seeing it, wondered if I had been really bored....
farmed on Farmtown, the virtual farming game on Facebook that has me glued fast to it's addictive game-playing....
connected my USB Hub to the iMac to sensational effect, which in my non-technical-ability plague world means "It works first time!".....
ate 6-8 Lindor balls but who's keeping count....
had a chat with my friend Waz and almost convinced him to wag work for Christmas ornament shopping (alas the idiot at his company who called a meeting for Friday afternoon!)....
watched the first 4 episodes of "Sanctuary" with a Stargate alum., Amanda Tapping, and a man who looks freakishly like a twink-ified Daniel Jackson... great series....

..... and awaited the arrival of my beautiful man who arrived with a glue gun (don't ask but it had something to do with a mysterious gift I am getting Saturday night.... hopefully NOT the glue gun!).... we walked to the fish and chip shop on Mitchell Road, ordered the Super Pack of fish, chips, prawn cutlets and calamari (after eating it, only prawn cutlets were super; the rest was mortal and definitely dragging well-hardened feat of clay), ate it all back on my balcony with a soft wind blowing, The Little Wine Company verdelho wine to wash it all down (the food, not the wind!), sat close and cuddled and talked before going to sleep.....

Pretty damn near the perfect day.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older