Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Project 289 - Day 245 : My iPod is a Weird, Demented Beast


I must start by saying I love my iPod. Probably in entirely unhealthy ways but I love it.

That said, it has decided in its sentient wisdom that the same 25 songs will always appear in the Top 25 Most Played no matter how many times I play other songs. For instance, "Womanizer" by Britney (Bitch!) Spears, which left high rotation months and months and months ago, is still there snuggling up cosily to "Happy Up Here" by Royksopp and "Love Etc" by Pet Shop Boys, both of which I love, but both of which have departed to the lowly reaches of my listening priorities and show no signs of roaring back just yet.

In contrast, my two most favourite songs of the moment, "The Bandstand" by Aha (yes that Aha!! They have new material...yes really!!) and "Gone Too Far" by Dragonette, which are being played with an obsessive intent bordering on the sort of mania displayed by cult members, are nowhere to be found. Nowhere....at..... all.

It is touching that my iPod develops such a profound connection to certain songs that being separated from them is tantamount to death, but I think it is taking things too far. Alas, nothing I do seems to influence my sentient, stubborn darling piece of electronica and so I am certain that in the year 2030, when I care not for Britney (Bitch!) any more, that my iPod will still be clinging with all the affection of delirious first love the same 25 song

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older