Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Project 289 - Day 253 : Andrew's Birthday Week Part 5 - MY BIRTHDAY! Party on Wayne, Party on Garth!


I was at work on my birthday and up early (see above)....

................. and against all the odds, in an environment of cubicles, and corporate blue carpets, and a frenetic schedule, I managed to have a great day! I know - is this a sign of the looming apocalypse you ask?! No, just fierce determination on my part, and the warmth and good wishes of my lovely work colleagues, and lovely texts, emails and countless Facebook messages from wonderful friends and family. I was taken out for lunch by good work friends, Tricia and Sammi (delicious Morroccan beef salad!), had pistachio and raspberry double scoop gelato for afternoon tea, and a fabulous morning tea with my favourite EA gal pal, Ana, and was showered with warm, good wishes.... and a yummy cupcake from my friend, Sandra :

Tricia and Sammi in the fabulously chic environs of the food court at work
It's been a good day so far and with my beautiful lovely guy taking me to the luscious Cafe Sydney tonight, it can only get better ....

The night was just heavenly. My beautiful guy arrived at my place bearing many gifts, all exquisitely wrapped in gold paper and burgundy ribbon, and full of the gifts that he had put a lot of thought into.... first up was Donner, a ceramic reindeer in hot pink and silver boots with a garland of roses around his neck and candelabras as antlers (yes enormously camp and perfect for my Christmas decorations!).... then a hard cover book on 40 years of "Sesame Street"....then a rust coloured velour bag full of Lindor Balls (including the hard to get raspberry, cookies and cream and cinnamon)... and finally a badly needed USB Hub for my iMac.....what wonderful gifts and given with so much thought and effort (Donner in particular took him a huge amount of effort to find and involved calling the national distributor to find the last one left in Sydney!).. and most importantly love....

Dinner was no less wonderful. Seated out on the terrace of Cafe Sydney with fantastic views of the Harbour and the Harbour Bridge, my beautiful guy and I enjoyed amazingly good just-in-time service, food packed full of exquisite flavours that made my taste buds sing (something by Lady Gaga but I can't be certain.... they were in tune though) including goat cheese & raised filled baby zucchini flowers (my entree) and boneless spatchcocks (my beautiful guy's main) and the food featured in the photos below.... and a cool, crisp night lit only by candles that made for a romantic night of gazing at each other, talking lots, and whispering sweet nothings on what is arguably the most beautiful, romance-filled birthday of my life....

What a brilliant wonderful fabulous day!!


My delicious main meal of beef tenderloins, below, and a dimly lit me, above
My beautiful guy above and his entree, Moreton bay Bugs, below

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older