Sunday, December 13, 2009

Project 289 - Day 271 : If You Go To The Woods Today....


..... You're in for a big....well in Sydney Park, it could be anything really!

But today it was Andrew and Stephen's Fabulous Christmas Picnic! It was BIG! HUGE I tell you! And so was the portable table that we hauled into the park over the hill from the car park, along with a tent, food, esky (or a 'chilly bin' as my new Zealand friends termed it!), rugs, and a fabulous decorative piece that hung down from the centre of the food, conceptualised by my beautiful guy and brought into being in a creative workshop in his lounge room that very morning.
But all that hauling of picnic-oriented good and chattels was eminently worth it as we sat the table and covering tent up near the trees, set out the rugs (in the wonderful shade) and relaxed back for 5 hours of great food - my baby's quiche was delish! - great conversation, and the sort of languid time with good friends (and a dog, Aroha!), you rarely get any time, let alone in the middle of Christmas madness.

Yes it was a lot of work but oh so worth it!

My beautiful guy and I finished off the day with a spare mini quiche we'd made, some chilling on the balcony with cold drinks (after hauling everything back over the hill and out of the park!), and some snuggly staring at the Christmas lights on my tree. I was exhausted but very happy with a wonderful day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older