Sunday, December 20, 2009

Project 289 - Day 278 : On The 7th day of Andrew's Christmas, I Decorated the Tree With....




I have loved Peanuts since I bought my first collection of comic strips in a cheap little paperback for 20c way back in the early 70s. There was something profoundly sweet and engaging about this group of kids and the cheeky, supremely dog owned by one of them, and that sense of connection has never left me extending now to ornaments on, and off, the tree including the latest piece, Snoopy on his Christmas kennel speeding through the sky, Woodstock holding on for dear life to a trailing banner, which I picked up on Pier 39 in San Francisco this year.



*****************************************
Today my gorgeous guy left for 10 days with his family in Melbourne, and while I am glad he gets to spend this precious time with his lovely family, I will miss him terribly.

Getting him to the airport was a challenge however! We lingered far too long chilling at my place and had the grand total of 40 minutes at his place to wrap gifts, pack, and tidy up before dashing like the santa-clad hounds of hell were nipping frostily at our heels, to the airport. As it turns out, I got parking very quickly, he was checked in faster than Santa does his rounds on Christmas eve, and we got to spend some time talking and saying goodbye at Gate 31.

****************************************
I spent the afternoon napping, and then headed out to see "9", an animated adult's movie set in post-apocalyptic earth, where the last vestiges of humanity were dolls filled with parts of one scientist's soul. While the action was a tad repetitive, the movie had heart and soul, and spoke eloquently of the dangers of arrogance, and the love of power and the horrors that can befall when all else, including technology, is given over to power as an end in itself. It was short but charming and made all the more so by the fact that we saw it on free tickets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older