Monday, July 20, 2009

Project 289 - Day 125 : Outback with Sammi!


Tonight I went out to dinner with my lovely gal pal from work, Sammi to that bastion of fine eating, Outback Steakhouse.

It's pretense to be a chain of authentically Aussie cuisine is amusing in the USA (where buffalo wings are known as 'kookaburra wings', and 'Bloomin Onion' is a favourite dish), but damn near hilarious in Australia. But bizarre market positioning aside, the service is great, the food is yummy (my pork spare ribs were to die for! But thankfully I didn't, which saved Sammi the bother of dragging my body into the boot of her car), and it gives us a good chance to catch up on everything and anything in a relaxed fun atmosphere.

Just please stop pretending that real Aussies eat this stuff in their homes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older