Friday, July 10, 2009

Project 289 - Day 115 : My Right Heel Demanded To be Taken Home....


....with or without the rest of my body.....


After my visit to the doctor yesterday, when I eschewed the vile sausage factory that is the US-like medical practice I was going to, and went to a real surgery instead where the doctors smile and greet you (!!), I discovered that the cause of all the pain in my right heel was an inflamed gel sac behind the achilles tendon. The doctor went to a lot of trouble to diagnose and work out treatments for me (see the picture), which I appreciated, since my achilles tendons, operated on at the age of 8 and never very strong, need lots of TLC to make sure they keep holding my legs up. 

I followed up the visit to the doctor, with an afternoon of sloth and indolence in my bed, and kept out of my shoes, and by this morning, my heel seemed much happier. It didn't last. Lots of walking to the train station, to the bus, through the campus etc and my heel was throbbing and demanding to rest again. I stuck it out till 1pm but then hobbled home to rest my foot and work out what I can and can't do this weekend, with my heel not in a good place, and very much calling the shots.

Yes, folks, my life, is currently being ruled by a ligament.... aren't I the lucky one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older