Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Project 289 - Day 113 : For Unto Us Is Born a Daughter, a Grandchild....and a Niece


Today Zara Chantilly Fergus was born!!

I am still awaiting all the length and weight details, but here is the first picture of my darling new niece, taken by her proud father on his mobile phone and sent through with all the speed an adoring new dad can muster. He gushed to my mum that Zara is "beautiful" (and she is), and Helen, my sister and delighted new mum, said she is "very cute" (and yes she definitely is!). I always knew I'd be excited but just how excited I am has been a revelation!

It's a big deal to have the first new addition to the family in 31 years, since the youngest of my siblings, Rachel, was adopted from South Korea, and everyone is excited. Having a child at Christmas will change the vibe completely, and I am looking forward to being doting Unka Andrew. (The photo below shows lovely congratulatory messages from my Facebook friends).

Woohoo!!! What a fabulous day!!!

***********************************************
That evening, my beautiful guy and I went out with my friend, Fahmi to the local pub, The Union to celebrate Zara's arrival. We had some champagne, toasted my darling new niece, and had a delicious dinner (this is one pub with excellent food!). 

It was the perfect ending to what was a wonderfully happy day.

(1) My beautiful guy and I toast Zara

(2) My friend, Fahmi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older