Monday, June 29, 2009

Project 289 - Day 104 : Flat Out Like a Colloquial Lizard and the World is BBQ!

I do not like Mondays.

"Wow! Hold the press!" you scream out loud in the office, making you look like a mental patient with an insufficient prescribed dose of calming medication surging through your veins, and a Luddite, who is still reading their newspapers in the real world, rather than online, and forgets that these days, it's more like "Hold the emailed digitized word count!" or something like that!..... OK now what was I saying?

Anyway, Impressions-of-Luddite-Madness creating screaming rants aside, I appreciate that disliking Mondays is hardly a revelation. I mean, I am fairly certain that saying "All those who like Mondays please step forward onto the freeway into oncoming traffic and..... OK wait, that's a bad example! But you get the idea. No one likes Mondays.

But what made today worse was the happy crowd who stood in the BBQ area just outside my window for 2 hours eating sausages, conducting sparkling conversations and laughing in a "I am not in my cubicle!" kind of way. They did eventually leave - perhaps it was me pelting them with paper clips that did it? - but not before the damage was done.

I foresee a lengthy therapy session just as soon as I schedule a meeting with an actual therapist. Till then blogging will have to do, along with chocolate.... lots of chocolate....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older