Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Project 289 - Day 98 : Chicken Soup.... or Is That Chicken Stir Fry?

My beautiful guy came down with a dose of the flu overnight and was feeling less than sparky (Use the dog name barometer of wellness, that isn't good, trust me! It's even worse than he was feeling not-so-Fido)
So after feeding my friend's cat (who is missing his owner and the many affectionate stomach rubs he gets from him), I headed to my guy's place in Dulwich Hill, and threw together - it's a stir fry so that isn't far off the mark! I even twirled the wok stirring thingy around in the food once or twice, and lo and behold, I did not throw any of the stir fry on the floor! What a miracle!) - a Blackbean sauce lamb stir fry. (I wanted to get chicken since, it seems, that chicken is the meat of choice when you're sick; I hear chickens are going to hire a PR firm to disabuse people of this notion, and suggest cows as a replacement. They won't be happy but when are they are ever home anyway huh?).

We sat back, ate and watched the ABC - '7.30 Report', 'Foreign Correspondent', 'Grand Designs' and 'Tracy Ullman's State of the Union' (which was satire at it's best) - and behold it was very good..... well, apart, from the fact that I couldn't kiss him just in case he had swine flu (he had just come from Melbourne! I could feel tabloid-induced fear welling up.... at least till it was replaced by common sense). The cuddling was lovely, as was the eventual snuggling but it will be nice when he is well again (in and of itself, of course!) and we can snog again...

Till then we have stir fry....oh and Mint Crisp Tim Tams.....mmmm chocolate.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older