Monday, June 15, 2009

Project 289 - Day 90 : Sometimes My Brain Goes Into Neutral Without Any Bidding From Me

Behold my eaten lunch, and at that point, yet to be eaten dinner.


The fact that these two food items became my lunch and dinner was the result of one of my managers forgetting to tell me she is on a strictly-no-carbs-don't-even-make-me-look-at-them-or-I-may-turn-violent diet, meaning that the absolutely delicious carb-centric chicken souvlaki and haloumi cheese wrap in the alfoil was now cuisina non grata to anyone but me. 

It's not a bad turn of events I thought to myself since, while I didn't plan on buying lunch (having lugged a can of soup the size of Texas into work), I liked the wrap, and was likely to eat without harm befalling my coworkers. So back to Rocket, the salad place I went, and ordered a sizzling Mediterranean beef salad, by which point the girl at the order point must have assumed I was some form of obsessive compulsive binge-eating disorder in full swing. Even so she took my order, and I relaxed thinking that my hungry manager would get her lunch at last.

But wait! I forgot to order "no dressing" on the salad - yes salad dressing too is the nectar of Satan - so I had to stump up for a 2nd salad, with no dressing this time. So there I was, without any fore planning whatsoever, the proud owner of a salad and a wrap, and instant lunch and dinner! Congratulations me!

Tomorrow I shall endeavour to engage my brain before leaving the house, and see if I can avoid spending $20 I don't really need to. Rocket may be disappointed but my wallet won't be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older