Monday, June 08, 2009

Project 289 - Day 82 (Sunday 7 June 2009) : A Rose (Bay) By Any Other Name Would Be a French Patisserie

What is better than a lazy Sunday spent in lovely surroundings with your gorgeous guy and a very close friend?

Not much, although a holiday on the Amalfi Coast and all the caramel slices (with no caloric consequences naturally!) may just edge past in the race for my affections. But in the absence of cliff top Italian towns and diabetes-at-ten-paces sugary treats, I had a delightful brunch today with my guy and my friend Justin at Sugarloaf, a funky cafe at Rose Bay, just across from the golf course, and just down from the harbour. The food was delicious, the conversation witty and sparkling (would it be any other way darling? Of course not!), and there was some visual distractions such as the guy below in his bike gear who is apparently not quite off his trike yet! It's these sorts of days that make all those hours spent in the Cubicle of Death and Greyness feel worth it. Well almost!



We then headed to Bondi Junction for a little bit of shopping and then a spontaneous catch up with my friend Warren and his lovely friend Sue at Erskineville pub. We were off on our way abck to my place when Warren texted to say he'd found a ton of mooses at the Mansours seconds store in Alexandria. Initially I thought he was bonkers because mooses are not generally a mass sale item in Australia. Canada yes, but Australia, no. But lo, there they were, and at bargain prices so I added to my moose collection, nicely finishing off what had been a near on perfect day.

Save for a lack of sweet yummy treats in exotic European locales....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older