Sunday, June 21, 2009

Project 289 - Day 95 (Saturday 20 June 2009) :6 Friends, 3 Meals (and 3 Skinny Chai Lattes), 2 Long Walks and 1 Rainy Day

What a busy, but fun, day!!

It started off at 11 a.m. with lunch at the Funky Bar/Deli on King Street, with my great friend, Justin. We discussed family, careers, life and watched the world go by on what was a very, very wet day. He's always wonderful to spend time with, and today was no exception.

Then I attempted to sprint to The Shire to see my very good friends, John and Susie in Gymea for lunch. But what was supposed to be a quick trip became an epic drive around lane sized puddles, broken-down cars, and traffic so slow that I saw snails racing past me. When I finally made it there, I had a lovely time, finally exchanged Christmas presents (yes it has taken that long to arrange a get together!!) and we caught up on all the news, including the fact that their daughter starts high school next year! When on earth does the time fly? (And if we can find the place, I plan to grab as much of it as I can!)

I finished my meal marathon off that evening, after a short nap, with my bestest buddies, Warren, Ian and Peter, firstly at The Bank hotel and then at Thai-riffic, who's food was sadly anything but. We won't be going back there in a hurry, but the main thing was we got to spend time with each other, and finished off the night well by eating dessert at Buzzzbar where this photo was snapped by a helpful fellow male patron (with a very sexy French accent I might add!)
Oh and all day long it rained....and rained.... and rained, only stopping at night because Peter & I chose to carry our umbrellas all the way up into Newtown and all the way back. Now that's one way to stop insanely inclement weather. Carry an umbrella!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older