Monday, June 22, 2009

Project 289 - Day 97 : Call Me!..... You Can Call Me Any-Any Time.....Call Me!

I love catching up with special friends.


Eevn if they are far away and it means spending time on the phone, which, sadly after many years in call centres and Cubicles of Death and Greyness, feels like a tool of Satan. (Not the iPhone I hasten to add which is virtuous in all it's ways and will lead us all to technological salvation. Amen.) So last night I called my dear friend Jason (still in my phone as Jason Vegas, which is how I entered his name in my phone when we first met at Mardi Gras in 2008 - he is so named because he is from Brisbane, or as it's affectionately known, BrizVegas) and we had our usual loooooong chat about everything serious, silly and all points inbetween, laughing and being deadly calm and introspective in almost equal meausre. (OK there was a LOT of silly laughing last night but it was a school night and we were both really tired, something that leads to much maniacal laughing with little or no rational basis!).

That was, until my phone decided to go all HAL in '2001 A Space Odyssey' on me, and disconnected the call, and refused to re-connect when Jason rang back. I finally managed to bludgeon it into submission, and we finished off our conversation, but I am fairly certain that when the machines arise to destroy all mankind, my phone will make sure I have a Terminator with my name on it coming to get me!

Time to make friends with Christian Bale I think!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older