Sunday, April 05, 2009

Project 289 - Day 19 : Going to the Temple and We're Gonna Get a Splerken Meiken!



One of the things I regret most about my life is that I don't own a mansion. Now lest you think I crave so much space I could fit entire football teams into broom closets (and have space left over for a netball team or two), the reason I want such a large dwelling is purely so I could go to IKEA all the time and come back with all sorts of fabulously coloured furniture in flat packs with badly worded and drawn directions, and spend my days wondering why I craved going to IKEA all the time!


Alas the space in my apartment is infinite (despite my attempts to kick a hole in the space/time continuum and have access to endless alternate universes, each with their own apartments to fill with pretty red pieces of furniture) so my trips to IKEA are few and far between. But the Bf is in need of furniture for his newly rented 2 bedroom kingdom and so we headed off to IKEA today, or the Temple as I affectionately call it, he to look at wardrobes, bookcases, and me to get another Benno (funky CD/DVD storage units that go up and not across the wall in brilliant reds, shiny silvers etc) and some bits and pieces from the Knicken-Knacken department (OK there isn't one but it feels like there is when I am in it whatever they call the fun coloured gadgets area!).

We ended up spending two hours in there, wandering through the two levels, and I got my Benno and sundry fun things (including burnt orange magazine holders) and he got lots of great ideas. I will admit that it's not always the best furniture in the world, but it is fun, it has a cool style, and a few pieces of IKEA magic here and there can really make a place come alive.....plus it's so much fun to shop in, especially with someone as much fun as the Bf. IKEA also explains my great fondness for Scandinavia - first ABBA, and now fun furniture. What can't the Swedes do? I wait with baited breath for their next move into the world, and I have my wallet ready and willing to be opened!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older