Monday, April 06, 2009

Project 289 - Day 20 : Kohi o nomismasu ka? Hai! (Would you like to drink a cup of coffee? Yes!)

I am usually the sort of person who eschews mind-numbing routines that repeat themselves ad nauseum,  like Nathan Rees (NSW Premier) runs from actually governing the state of NSW in any meaningful fashion. But I do make some exceptions, and one of those time-honoured traditions is the fetching of the Regular Skinny Chai Latte from Rocket, the funky salad place previously mentioned in this blog, with my chief fag hag and BFF at work, Sammi. Somewhere around 9 -9.15 (you will notice that I at least don't get up from my desk at 9 a.m. on the dot each morning, like some obsessive compulsive java addict! OK it's not much of a break from stereotypical rut-following behaviour but it's the best I can offer) Sammi and I wander down the long hallways of building A, cut across the courtyard to Building E, and join the line for coffee, Chai, and sometimes even multi grain toast with honey (yes I am a rebel wild child!! LOL)

Apart from giving me a lovely chance to swap goss., life events and life's war stories with Sammi, it also forces me to step away from my desk, something that is extremely difficult to do in my line of work. If I didn't build in little snippets of caffeine-fueled routine (yes I am trying to justify my rut-gripping, and I would thank you to let me be as defensive as hell!! LOL), as well as lunches with good friends, I would never leave the confines of the Cubicle of Death and Greyness, and that would be a greater crime than carving a channel of sameness through the mono-colourful landscape of my working world. (Yes it is impressive how I have managed to turn a day in, day out slab of routine into an assuming of the work/life balance high ground. It is a rare talent!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older