Friday, April 03, 2009

Project 289 - Day 17 (Friday 3 April, 2009): Then The Week Ended and All the Good Folk of Erskineville Rejoiced



Most weeks I arrive at the Most Blessed Day of the Week, TGIF (Thank God It's Friday!), exhausted, Outlooked-out (it's a word and a definable medical condition) and wanting nothing more than to eat a take away Indian curry, drink some white wine (hello Verdelho!) and chill out as my brain melts into a featureless goo watching a movie conceived by Hollywood executives on a bender at a strip joint in Vegas. But I bucked that trend tonight by heading to the Village of Erskineville (I am fairly sure the capitals are an integral part of the name and the suburb would sound the same without it) via some of the lovely lane ways and streets that run from my apartment complex through to Newtown eventually, and having a yummy dinner at a Thai restaurant called "Stir Crazy Thai" (see below, by night).... with wine... so how is this different from my usual Friday night indulgence? Oh yeah, no brain dead movie! I knew it was completely different! 


Now Erskineville/Newtown has more Thai restaurants per square centimetre than just about anywhere in Sydney, and findong one with even a shred of originality and verve is a challenge but "Stir Crazy Thai" is in a funky older building, has some interesting dishes and on most nights very good service (tonight, alas, was NOT one of those nights!). It is also the restaurant where I had my first date with my gorgeous bf and so it has a lot of sentimental meaning for me. We even managed to score an outside table tonight - admittedly at the entrance so getting bumped and jostled by other patrons was a real possibility but we emerged unscathed - and had a romantic dinner staring dreamily into each other's eyes, drinking wine, and soaking up the idiosyncratic nightlife of this most unique of suburbs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I WANT my CONTENT, lol! Jus xo

8:08 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Behold it is there!! Well just needs a photo and then it's there!!! LOL

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older