Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Project 289 - Day 8 : How Bill Gates Gave Me a Creative Day


It isn't often I credit Bill Gates with anything much at all, let alone aiding and betting creativity! To be honest as an AppleĀ aficionado, my preference is for my iMac, but my place of work resolutely sticks to it's PCs, and so day in, day out in my Cubicle O' Grey, I struggle against the mighty forces arrayed against me - specifically Microsoft program designers who seem to take a perverse in ensuring that while a process may work one way once, it usually won't the second time around! Add to that the fact that the majority of my work is rearranging meetings in Outlook, collating reports, etc, and my work day is hardly fit to bursting with fabulously creative pursuits.

But today I got the chance to put together a fun Powerpoint slide for my boss who wanted to inject a bit of silliness (with a point!) into the end of her presentation to the division on Friday. I didn't have the full Photoshop toolbox at my disposal, and the effect of all the cutting and pasting was scrapbook-like, but my boss loved, I got a creative buzz, and ended up with something more than an Excel spreadsheet to show for my day. Not that that is a bad thing - I just enjoy the thrill of creating far more, and today I got to indulge that thrill to my heart's content!

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

A masterpiece! Jus xo

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older