Sunday, March 22, 2009

Project 289 - Day 5 : And He Lived With a Fetta Pancake In His Hand


One of my favourite things to do on the weekend, and especially on Sunday, when all of Saturday's errands are done and dusted, is go to brunch with my boyfriend and a close friend or two. Top of the list for places for this brunch to occur is a funky cafe at the Erskineville end of King St called "South End". The food is creative, delicious, serviced by friendly smiling staff, and the decor is op-shop creative with mismatched chairs, cushions, tables etc - exactly the sort of left of centre place I love to be.

This photo shows one of the my favourite brunch friends (and the guy who often walks the dark streets of Newtown with me during the week day mornings), Fahmi, tucking into a zucchini and fetta pancake, topped with spicy tomato relish, with haloumi on the side. The reason the photo shows only the meal itself mostly is that Fahmi, being Singaporean and devoted to food, often returns from holidays with 90% of his photos being of the food he has eaten, and not the diners he is with! So I thought it quite appropo that the shot would centre on the food itself. It speaks very much of who Fahmi is, and the delight I get from sharing my Sunday mornings with my lovely man, close friends and yummy adventurous food.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Those pancakes are yum. Jus xo

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older