Friday, March 20, 2009

Project 289 - Day 3 : My Cubicle, My Kingdom


So here's the thing. Work places are not generally thought of as the place where creative
fulfillment is attained, where dreams are made (unless your dreams revolve around endless Outlook appointments and a lack of working printers, in which case here's a bottle of Vodka... you'll need it!), and the funky and fun sit by side like two kids swapping snacks at play lunch. 

However, I have decided that my photo for today, and now my almost insurmountable challenge, is to take some cool arty, and dare I wish for it, fun photos of work and select one to be the face of Friday March 20. What I do have in my favour is the fact that it is TGIF (Thank God It's Friday!) which is the only day of the week where you have a fighting chance of fun and relaxed even remotely putting their heads in the door - assuming they have an Outlook appointment, of course!) so you never know.... perhaps for one day, I may find that corporate life isn't inimicable to some sense of creativity and out of the box fun.... watch and see.....


Hours and hours of cubicle-sitting later, here are the two photos (yes I know I am cheating again - must stop flouting the rules.... ah what the hell!! LOL). The first one is a snapshot of my desk taken from what I tried to make a creative angle. In reality it just looks I got a terrible case of inner ear infection, throwing my balance off kilter but hey, let's call it art anyway!! The second photo shows my favourite gal pal at work, Sammi, hard at work on yet another legal contract for a customer, again at an odd angle....how does she do it? LOL While the photos don't capture "A Day in the Life of....." necessarily, they give you a brief glimpse into the world my work day happens in, and the people, especially Sammi, who make it more than bearable, and even immensely enjoyable at times.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I guess I should start sending Outlook appointments then? Just kidding. Jus xo

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older