Thursday, December 25, 2008

Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart...Which Has Made Sending Blood to my Vital Organs a Tad Hard Ever Since

After a full-on year, when I was self-diagnosed with Forward Momentum Exhaustion (FME - yes it's a verifiable medical condition....possibly), I have finally made it to my parents Ancestral Estate in Alstonville, NSW, for Christmas, and I am doing my best to ingest more nuts and chocolate that the entire population of Switzerland on a Lindt bender (very messy yet well run)... my two sisters and brother have joined me, and in just a short while my Nanna and Great Aunt will be joining for yet more eating.... it's what we do well so why fight it?! LOL I even resisted exercising this morning and it was bliss to sleep in and get out of bed at the comparatively late time of 8 a.m...... at which time, I had the traditional breakfast of Lindt chocolate.... just the way to start a festive day! I fully expect that by the time the week here is over that I will have ballooned to the size of several small South American villages but I figure nothing that a few thousand laps in the pool won't cure.... the main thing as I see it is to get off the giddy nausea-inducing top-speed whirl of life's merry-go-round, and take some time to smell the Lindor balls....and eat them....

I spent Christmas Eve watching traditional fare such as "The Unit", which is a heart warming tale about a terrorist arrested in the USA for trying to bomb a tunnel, and his subsequent interrogation by the military (haha!), and completely missed the tacky cheesy exuberance of "Carols by Candlelight" which is bores me to tears but is always on the TV at our place on Christmas Eve, if only for 5 minutes... I also got to decorate the tree all by myself, with some artistic input from Mum, and we ended up with a light-saturated, tinsel, smothered riot of clour that looks like a lot of fun.... oh yeah, and we ate some chocolate.... quelle surprise!!

Well its time for more nutritionally deficient food, and so as yet another Lindo Ball begins the slippery slide into the acidic depths of my stomach, I wish you all a wonderful Christmas, and a fabulous 2009!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older