Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After the Tinsel Monster Bestrides the Land...


Well I made it through Christmas and only devoured 2-3 truck loads of ham, turkey, chocolate crackles, salads and nuts & lollies.... quite an achievement really given the sheer volume of high fat foods stuck in every nook and cranny of my parents' kitchen... everywhere you turn, cashews, honey covered macadamias, Lindor balls by the gigaton (yes there are none left in Switzerland at ll - they are all in my parents' home , my kitchen in Sydney.... or more likely given my addictive personality, in my digestive tract somewhere!), jubes, and chocolate crackles beckon like so many high-caloric siren singers, all seducing you to come ashore on the Island of Yuletide Lard, and throw your carefully laid plans for stay somewhat thin past 40 into total disarray....naturally I took all my will power.. and told it to get the hell out of my way while I responded with alacrity to the nut-driven siren song, and made sure that very few, if any, of those Lindo balls will ever see the beautiful shores of Lake Geneva again....

In an attempt to behave a little bit - let's not get carried away! Just a smidgen of self-control, not a lot! - I went walking in the tropical heat this morning at 8 a.m.... and sweated buckets as my legs seized up on me.... I had forgotten just how hilly my darling home town is, and just how hot that sun can get so early in the morning.... I came back looking like I had been walking in a tropical downpour, which was true in a way...except that the down pour emanated solely from my forehead's sewat glands... still I have at least walked off some off yesterday's fatty intake (not that I regret one minute of it, trust me!), and I am not ready to.... yep, eat some more!! I figure I have 12 days when I get back to Sydney to swim every day and that should more than make up for all the excesses of a week at the Ancestral Estate....

As for the rest of the day, I foresee in my eerily Nostradamus-like holiday way, that I shall consume many Lindor balls, nuts, lollies, and crackles, stopping only to read more of my novel, and nap, with a brief detour to watch "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and "The View"... a hectic schedule to be sure but it's important ot indulge yourself when you can and do it to excess....

Have a brilliantly great Boxing Day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older