Monday, March 23, 2009

Project 289 - Day 6 : Give Me Liberty or Death... or Snacks. Definitely snacks.

I know the photo must look like a glossy refugee from a supermarket catalog, and while I am all for giving lost and catalog-less images a home, what it shows is in fact my snacks for the day. Some years back when I lost 14 kg, what worked wonderfully was having a series of small healthy (let's not focus on the sugar content of the muesli bars shall we?! LOL) snacks spaced throughout the day. It kept my metabolism running like a well-oiled engine (yes I know what you're thinking - a gay man just used an automotive reference! Can the apocalypse be that far off?), and stopped me racing in a sugar-craving frenzy for the nearest well-stocked vending machine. 


Now that the weight is gone, and vending machines the world over are safe from being tipped over and their contents emptied into my stomach, I have kept up the eating habits of old. The only dark spot on the whole healthy glow (which can be seen from space - have a look sometime!) is my continued intake of Pepsi Max, which is all chemicals and not the least bit good for me. But I figure that I don't drink (much), smoke or do drugs, or lead an immoral depraved lifestyle (contrary to the beliefs of my former Christian brethren who think I have immoral all sown up, and on display in my very own Museum of Sin), so why not retain one small vice? Besides it helps dissolve any excess calories that get through and that can't be a bad thing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

What does that WeightWatchers stuff taste like? Jus xo

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older