Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Project 289 - Day 7 - So Tell Me What You Want, What you Really Really Want!


Here I am out walking at the crack of dawn again - actually dawn was some way off, and all I had at that stage was her less attractive cousin, Pitch Black, to keep me company - and underneath the sign of my favourite Indian restaurant in Sydney - Posh Spice! It used to be called Tamana's On Top (occupying the site of an old sex shop, no less, hence the pun I guess) but they decided that a bit of retro styling may work a treat, and so was born a weird branded marriage of sub-continent cooking and Victoria Beckham's pop alter ego.

Thankfully it's not all 90s pop references and hot pink signage. The food is excellent, the ambience delightful (rich dark chocolate walls and bright orange and red tapestries), the service is friendly and fast.... and they even have Bollywood dancing! I go here quite a lot - subcontinent food and I have always had a very close relationship, ever since I grew up in Bangladesh - and I have even got to know one of the waiters quite well. Yes my very own Tandoori Cheers no less! Well at least one person knows my name... well, my face anyway..... OK at least they don't spit on me! LOL


2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Posh spice indeed. Jus xo

10:13 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

What size of a thing are you indicating with your hands?!? J

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older