Monday, March 30, 2009

Project 289 - Day 13 : And Then There Was Food...And There Was Much Of It


I am enormously sentimental. I keep concert tickets, Christmas & birthday cards, even the Lindt dark chocolate container lid that held the Lindor Balls I had on my first date with the guy who is now my best friend. If it commemorates some sort of emotionally significant event, and it doesn't weigh 6 tons (OK that would be the elephant I smuggled out of Taronga Zoo years back) or occupy half my apartment, then it stays.


This sentimentality, which I need to stress does not evidence itself with Hallmark-like treacly gushing, also extends to the way I mark important events. I love Christmas. I adore birthdays.... and I am absolutely huge on making sure that great milestones (this is the one and only time I will embrace anything imperial thank you! LOL) are not only noted, but celebrated, photographed, and remembered!

So today, which marks the three month anniversary of meeting the most wonderful guy in the world (hmm did I just slip off the no-Hallmark-sappy-talk wagon? LOL), I am making what I hope will be a wonderful meal - melons in panchetta for entree (appetizer), salmon steak in almond meal, lime and lemon juice on wild rice with asparagus and carrots for mains, followed by cupcakes (we made them up for Fair Day this year, a major Sydney Gay day out and they have much sentimental value) inscribed with "3 Months" done in Snakes Alive, Smarties and Licorice Allsorts. I see it as a grand epic food spectacular and a very romantic evening, but then I always dreamed in grand and sweeping technicolour vistas. Check in tomorrow to see if reality gave me my dream night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older