Monday, February 21, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 52 : Spray me a Picture

No it's nothing kinky boys and girls.





We were walking to dinner last night and I saw some graffiti on the wall of a house in the back blocks of Erskineville which was as creative, and colourful as anything I recently saw in Melbourne, and I just had to stop and photograph it. I am not sure where my interest in truly clever graffiti has sprung from, but I love the way these artists, and yes the really good ones are artists as much as anyone else (I abhor the snobbery of low and highbrow art), create bright, visual arresting images (many of which are sanctioned by the porperty owners, meaning the arresting part stays solely with the viewer of the creations!) that fill a public space so beautifully.

Very clever stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older