Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 48 : Flickering Outdoors One Last Time

Tonight I got me some Morning Glory!

Now before you think me needlessly course and gauche, not to mention wondering how one gets a morning occurence to pop up at night, so to speak, I am speaking of the very funny movie, Morning Glory (hence the capitals) starring Harrison Ford, Rachel McAdams and Diane Keaton, that Warren and I saw at the final session of Open Air Cinema (OAC) that we attended for the year.



Check out my review on my pop culture blog - http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=2664461933442416745&postID=8920818031145930728

The night was notable for :

* Almost raining heavily and then not....neatly ducked using ponchos which is great because while they keep you dry from the rain, you end up sweating like a banshee inside them which negates any dryness you may have gained otherwise

* Feral behaviour from the crowd - sad because we have been going to the OAC almost from the start, and tonight was the first night that saw rampant queue jumping - I confronted one couple who apologised and claimed it was their first night, and they didn't know which was a total lie because they were holding the bag that you get the free Sydney Morning Herald in only at the OAC.... plus who can't see where a line starts?! - and people who had queued properly pushing past us to get in when we started entering. We were both really surprised and appalled.

* Lots of drinking. Normally it's one bottle of wine and that's that but tonight we got a jug of Summer Breeze Belveder Vodka (cranberry juice and apple juice) which took forever to drink..... and no, we didn't fall asleep in the movie!

*Caught a taxi home. Usually I jump on the train but both Warren and I were very tired, and just wanted to get home. We got home just as the train would have been leaving.

A queueing Personal Best for us - 4th in line!

The trees above...and sunlight!












What wasn't so unusual - fish and chips for dinner, and an ice cream for dessert, and warm, fun, sparkling conversation between ourselves and the people around us. I haven't been seeing Warren as much as I usually do lately because he hasn't been working in the City and it was lovely to have so much uninterrupted time with the harbour as the backdrop to catch up.

So that's it for this year, and while I LOVE the event, to an extent that is likely disturbing and unnatural, I am glad we are done for the year. Now to hibernate for Winter....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older