Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hands Full of Glitter and Tofu : 2011 Day 50 : The World's a Stage etc etc...

One of the wonderful parts of life I have begun to truly appreciate in the last few years since I came out is the theatre, and especially some of the clever, 'off Broadway' plays that crop up as part of the Mardi Gras festival.


Tonight we went to see Canary at the New Theatre in Newtown, a play we thought was written by the writer of Beautiful People, a wonderful British sitcom about a gay man's passage through the turbulent teenage years, but which was in fact written by the writer of Beautiful Thing, among other things. But it didn't matter as the play was clever, thoughtful, emotionally intense and funny in equal measure, and acted brilliantly, as it navigated it's way through the changes in gay British life from the 1960s through to now.

We (Fahmi, Warren & Jonathan, my gorgeous guy and I) all enjoyed it a lot, and I am looking forward to next week's play which hopefully will be every bit as good.

Oh, and my lamb dish at Botany View Hotel, as always, was SUPERB! Man those guys can cook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older