Tuesday, December 21, 2010

365 Pink Feather Boas All in a Row - Day 353 (Sunday 19 December) : Happy Birthday Peter!

After yesterday's big day, a day spent doing little to nothing would have been delightful, but while I didn't get that, I got as close as I could by celebrating my wonderful friend Peter's birthday with drinks at the Zanzibar Hotel in Newtown, followed by lunch at Matee, a fabulous family-run Turkish restaurant on King Street that has a long group table out in a garden that is just crying out for a languid lunch, lots of yummy Turkish dips and grills, and finally a deliciously moist gluten-free chocolate cake.



The Birthday Boy

Waz and Jonathan

Peter, Ian, Waz and Jonathan (with Ingo in the background)

Peter & I



The lovely part about the day was the chance to spend lots of time with very good friends talking at length and laughing lots. I love times like that, and today was just perfect.

My beautiful guy and I were going to follow that leisurely day with an equally relaxed picnic of fish n chips in Sydney Park, followed by a present exchange (even though we'll be together at Christmas, we didn't want to drag all our gifts up and down the east coast of Australia) but at the last moment, Steve's friend Brian called and wanted a last catch up before he flies back to London. So together with our good friend Fahmi, Steve & I met Brian and had dinner at Botany View Hotel, after a fun game of Wii Ten Pin Bowling - I came equal first with Brian - that had us stitches more often than it didn't.

Brian bowls

Steve bowls

I bowl

Final scores

Fun though it was, by the time we got home at 10pm, I was beyond exhausted so we sensibly decided to crash, get some sleep and get up at 6am for our present exchange ( we did open Fahmi's gifts to us though pretending that tonight was our version of Christmas Eve). It was so lovely to sleep!



I LOVE all the fun things I do at Christmas, given I am the original Christmas junkie, but sometimes, I wonder how I survive it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older