Friday, January 01, 2010

Project 289 - Day 289 (Thursday 31 December 2009): Happy New Year to Everyone.... and His Pastizzi

After only arriving into Sydney again late the day before, and sleeping in this morning - in retrospect not the smartest thing to do! - my beautiful guy and I headed out to try and shop for, and set up for a New Year's Eve party that night!


In my doe-eyed innocence, or ridiculous extrovert optimism - call it what you want! - I thought we'd pull it all off with time to have a nap.... Hahahahaha! That didn't happen but like that's a surprise right? We spent the afternoon and evening in a blur of grocery shopping, alcohol buying, picking up things from my beautiful guy's apartment (he is better equipped in the party supplies area than me, which makes me an embarrassment to gay men everywhere I think! LOL), creating mini quiches and vol au vents - our fabulous 70s throwback that was quite tasty thank you, and hey if they bring back the Tshirts I wore as kid, we can bring back the food I say!!) - mopping a very dirty balcony, stringing up lights on the balcony fence, vacuuming twice (we love it more than anything!), setting up the tables with food and drinks.....phew! It's amazing my beautiful guy and I didn't crash out from exhaustion before the party started!


We couldn't have done it, of course, without the wonderful help with our friends, Warren and Fahmi - see above - who pitched in and helped us get everything ready in time.... well, I am not sure that wasn't some kind of pyrrhic victory since naturally no one turned up on time.... LOL... still we were good to go, and while we didn't get the numbers expected (meaning we will be eating crackers, cheeses, chips and party sized hot foods for decades to come since we naturally over catered!), we had the best time seeing in the New Year with close friends like Warren, Brett, Fahmi, Peter, Fahmi, John and Esther and the twins, and some wonderful people they brought along like Terri and Alan.....

We ate lots, drank lots, and watched the 9pm and midnight city fireworks from my balcony - I got to kiss my gorgeous guy at midnight which was wonderful since it was our FIRST ANNIVERSARY! YEAH! Everyone drank champagne to the New Year and us which was very sweet - and saw in 2010 which given how wonderful 2009 was with my wonderful man, is going to have really dig deep to make itself a truly outstanding year! I have a sneaking suspicion it will be great since my beautiful man is going nowhere, neither am I, and so together 2010 will be as fabulous as it promised to be....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older