Monday, December 28, 2009

Project 289 - Day 286 : Lots of Lovely Zara Then None At All

What a split kind of day!


All sorts of activity this morning which involved mostly holding Zara, or feeding her a bottle or carrying her around, or holding her for an  hour while she napped and I watched Ice Age 1 with my sister Rachel. I cherish any time I get with my gorgeous niece and this was a particularly full on, fun morning with some snuggly quiet interludes.....just perfect....

We also got serious with Wii Fit and we all got weighed and profiled....it was all fun and games with a serious intent , which is to get my Dad who suffers from a form of Parkinson's more agile and limber.... the only dark moment was having Wii Fit tell me I am obese (hardly!!) and that I will never have a career at a champion ski jumper.....snow balls every time my friend!

Then Helen (my sister and Zara's mum), and Rachel (my other sister) headed back to the Gold Coast and the afternoon was marked by long snoozy nap, episodes of Sanctuary (a sci-fi/fantasy show I am watching via a DVD box set, which is waaaaay better than waiting for the episodes on TV), a yummy curry dinner with my Mum and Dad (followed by an episode of UK car show, Top Gear, which I rather enjoyed, and Man Vs Wild, about this crazy ex-UK Special Forces guy giving you survival tips for staying alive in the remote Scottish Highlands; after watching it, I decided the simplest survival tip was DON'T....GO.... THERE! LOL), and then some relaxing reading befrore bed.


Ya gotta love the holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older